When it comes to picking a Nespresso machine, there are many options. In fact, when you take a look at all of them it can get quite confusing, especially when it comes to DeLonghi vs Breville Nespresso machines. Today we are going to take a closer look at how these machines compare, and everything you need to know to pick the perfect one for your needs.
Nespresso DeLonghi vs Breville
One of the hardest things about purchasing a coffee machine is picking what brand to buy, especially if everything looks the same. We're going to take a closer look at Nespresso DeLonghi vs Breville machines.
To do this, we need to undersand a few things.
First things first, we need to understand what Nespresso is.
Nespresso is a proprietary coffee system made by Nestle. It uses different types of pods to make delicious coffee.
Because it is propriety technology, companies like DeLonghi and Breville are licensing the technology from Nespresso. This ensures that every cup of Nespresso coffee is the same no matter what machine you use.
The differences come down to the Nespresso Pods, which we will talk more about.
Let's compare two specific Nespresso machines by DeLonghi and Breville to take a closer look.
Nespresso Classic Machines: Breville vs DeLonghi
First I want to take a look at a classic Nespresso machine, the Nespresso Pixie. This is the one I happen to own. Both DeLonghi and Nespresso make this machine, and guess what, they look exactly the same!
DeLonghi Nespresso Pixie
Breville Nespresso Pixie
These machines as basically an exact match, it holds the same amount of water, is the same weight, and makes the same coffee since they both use Nespresso capsules.
The only differences are in color, and in appearance.
So how do you pick the best one? Easy, you find what you can get your hands on as this is the best Nespresso machine ever, and is technically discontinued.
Pick based on how they look, and what you think will look best in your kitchen. The insides of the machines are the same, and they both use the “Nespresso.
Nespresso Espresso vs Lungo
The next thing to realize about the Nespresso classic machines are that they make two drink sizes: Espresso and Lungo. These are a function of both the machine, and the pods we just took a closer look at.
The default Espresso is 4o ml, and the default Lungo is 100 ml. You can customize these settings with the Essenza Mini to make your perfect size of coffee.
Nespresso Vertuo: Breville vs DeLonghi
Nespresso has made a big push on their newer Verturo systems over the classic Nespresso systems.
There's a couple of things you should be aware of before you compare the Nespresso Verturo machines.
What is Nespresso Verturo?
The Nespresso Verturo is a different type of machine that uses a different type of capsules. These capsules are called “Nespresso.
- Espresso 1.3 oz
- Double Espresso 2.7 oz
- Gran Lugo 5 oz
- Coffee 7.7 oz
- Alto XL 14 oz
The nice part of this is the coffee pod, which is what many people are looking for, and the original Nespresso machines just don't do. If you have espresso drinkers and coffee drinkers in your house, the Nespresso Verturo is a great machine type for you.
The only downside is you need a different pod type for every type of drink.
DeLonghi vs Breville: Nespresso Verturoline
Now that we know a bit more about the Nespresso VertuoLine capsules, let's take a closer look at some of the machines.
Do you remember what we learned about Nespresso in the first part of this article?
Remember, Nespresso is a licensed technology by Nestle. To make a Nespresso machine, both Breville and DeLonghi have to adhere by strict guidelines.
As you can see above, these two machines look just about identical, except for the logo on the front.
Looking for more great deals on this machine? Check out the Breville Nespresso Verturo deal here!
DeLonghi vs Breville: Nespresso VerturoPlus
There are many, many types of Nespresso machines out there, like the VerturoPlus.
Remember, since Nespresso is actually a technology, any Nespresso Verturo machine is going to make the exact same cup of coffee. What is different is how the machine looks, and some extra features of the machine.
When it comes to DeLonghi vs Breville and the Nespresso Verturo Plus, guess what!
Once again, the machines look exactly the same. There is no difference!
Check out this great deal on the DeLonghi Vertro Plus + Frother at Macy's!
Frequently Asked Nespresso Questions about Nespresso
Are you just getting started with Nespresso? Don't worry, we have some of your most common questions answered right here!
What is the difference between Breville and DeLonghi Nespresso machines?
There is no difference between Breville and DeLonghi Nespresso machines. Remember, Nespresso is a licensed technology from Nestle. No matter what machine you use, the Nespresso coffee will taste the same way.
Should I get a Breville or DeLonghi Nespresso machine?
It doesn't really matter, because they both make the same cup of coffee. My advice is to buy whichever one you can get on sale! I bought a Breville Nespresso machine to match my Breville Barista Touch espresso machine.
What is the difference between Nespresso VertroLine and Nespresso OrignalLine capsules?
Nespresso VertuoLine capsules can only be used in Verturo machines, and Nespresso OringalLine capsules can only be used in original machines.
OriginalLine capsules are a single size, and can brew two sizes of drinks: Espresso and Lungo.
VerturoLine Capsuls come in five sizes, and brew five different drinks sizes: espresso, double espresso, gran lugo, coffee, and alto XL.
Which Nespresso to buy? Verturo or Original?
When it comes to which Nespresso machine to buy, it really comes down to what kind of coffee you drink. If you are only an espresso drinker, and prefer things like lattes and cappuccinos, get an original Nespresso machine. Here is one of our favorites.
- High performance: The 19 bar pump system offers barista-style single-serve coffee or Espresso every time, perfectly extracting the delicate flavor of each Espresso Original Coffee capsule. The input power is 1710 watts
- Speed and Energy saving: the fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The automatic Energy saving function Switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity and can be extended from 9 to 30 minutes. Cable storage
- Versatility: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1. 35 oz. ) and Lungo (5 oz. ) buttons making CitiZ a great coffee maker for all your single-serve coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite Iced Coffee drinks. Removable Espresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 oz. ) for quick and simple cleaning
Want to drink espresso and coffee? Then the Nespresso Verturo is for you. Here's one of our favorites.
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: VertuoPlus makes both coffee and espresso in a variety of sizes: 5oz and 7.77 o coffees, and single and double espresso. Includes a free set of Nespresso Vertuo capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single serve Coffee or Espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion technology using barcodes to deliver the best in cup results including the perfect crema for large Coffee cup sizes
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: Create barista grade brewed single serve Coffee or Espresso cups at the touch of a single button; Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
When it comes to looking at Nespresso machines, they all make the same exact coffee. It really comes down to the extra features you may want such as how much water the tank holds, if you want a milk frother, and how long the machine takes to heat up.
How often should Nespresso machine be descaled?
You can even descale your Nespresso machine with simple vinegar!
Choosing a Nespresso Machine: Delonghi vs Breville
When it comes to choosing a Nespresso machine, there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to DeLonghi vs Breville. Remember, the coffee will taste the same no matter which Nespresso machine it comes out of.
Here's what you should focus on:
- Size. How big of a machine are you looking for? Are you working with a small space?
- Water Tank and Spent Capsule capacity. How many cups do you want to make before you you need to refill or empty the tanks?
- Milk frother. Do you want a milk frother? If so do you want a standalone or integrated one.
- Price. Of course, price can also be a consideration.
No matter what machine you pick, you will still end up with a great tasting cup of Nespresso coffee at the end.