If you are looking to buy an espresso machine, it probably means that you’re through with squandering a fortune on your local coffee shop’s espressos and you’re looking for a more economical solution to your caffeine addiction. Stick around as we’ll be revealing the best espresso machines under $100 to help you save money on your daily espresso drinks!
The Best Espresso Machines Under 100
Here are our favorite espresso machines in the sub 100 price range:
Now, lets take a look at each and every one of these espresso machines, and why we like them so much.
De'Longhi EC155 Review
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING: 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences.
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse.Input power (W): 1050
The De’Longhi EC155 is an excellent espresso and cappuccino maker that can go head to head with some of the more expensive units on the market and step out victorious. The unit measures at 8x11x10 inches and weighs in at just 9 pounds, so it’s quite compact compared to other units.
If you’re into quick-made espressos, the EC155 allows you to brew easy-serving espresso pods, as it’s equipped with a patented dual-filter holder. This brilliant piece of machinery also offers an easy-to-use swivel jet frother, allowing you to make tasty cups of cappuccinos with ease.
This budget-friendly espresso maker allows you to brew coffee at the temperature of your liking, thanks to the use of two separate thermostats. The EC155 features a self-priming operation, so you don’t have to bother with start-up preparation. There’s an on/off switch for this function.
You’d expect an espresso machine within this price range to be less formidable in terms of build quality compared to the more expensive options out there, but the De'Longhi high-quality build and stainless steel boiler will stand the test of time as long as you handle the unit cautiously.
The De’Longhi EC155 is equipped with a 35-ounce removable water tank that features indicator lights and a removable drip tray. Moreover, it comes with a bonus cup warmer, ensuring that the espresso remains warm even when left on the tray. All in all, an all-round excellent machine.
- Self-priming operation
- Optimal pump pressure
- Excellent construction
- Adequate tank capacity
- Cleaning it is a breeze
- The frothing wand is short
- Quite a fragile filter basket
Mr. Coffee ECMP50 Review
- 15-bar pump system uses powerful pressure to extract a dark, rich espresso brew
- Frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes
- Make 2 single shots at once with dual-shot brewing. Watts: 1250
While not as compact or lightweight as the DeLonghi EC155, the ECMP50 from Mr. Coffee is a highly compact machine that weighs in at 9 pounds and measures in at 11.4x13.7x13 inches. In addition to being compact, the unit boasts high aesthetic appeal and remarkable durability.
It’s worth noting that the ECMP50 isn’t just one of the best espresso makers in its price range, but it’s one of the best espresso machines, period. Equipped with a superb milk frother, this unit is the perfect pick for people who are demanding when it comes to forth-making capabilities.
Thanks to its compact construction, the Mr.Coffee ECMP50 will rest comfortably on your kitchen countertop or breakfast nook. And it’s not just an exceptional espresso maker for home use, but it’s also ideal for the office. It features a thermal block heater that allows for expeditious brewing.
Another cool thing about the ECMP50 is that cleaning isn’t time-consuming at all, as it boasts an easy-to-remove drip tray and water tank, allowing for a straightforward cleaning process. Also, it comes with a warming tray that helps keep your espresso warm until you decide to drink it.
Similarly to the De’Longhi EC155, the Mr. Coffee ECMP50 has a 15-bar pump pressure, offering you a perfectly balanced and brewed cup of espresso. If you’re looking for an espresso machine that’s affordable and that offers quick brewing, the Mr. Coffee ECMP50 is your best bet.
- Thermal block heating
- Commodious water tank
- Efficient built-in frother
- Removable components
- Has dual-shot brewing
- The filter can get clogged
- Vibrates while it’s brewing
Hamilton Beach Espresso Maker 40715 Review
- ENJOY CAFÉ-QUALITY ESPRESSO DRINKS AT HOME: The electric espresso machine's powerful 15 bar pump extracts espresso from both fresh-ground beans and premeasured soft pods for an authentic café taste and quality results every time
- PERFECT ESPRESSO DRINKS EVERY TIME: Prepare lattes and cappuccinos like a barista with the espresso maker's no-fuss milk frother; The frothing nozzle with adjustable steam control perfectly heats milk from steaming hot to rich scoopable froth in seconds
- BREWS 2 CUPS AT ONCE: With 2 brew head spouts you can simultaneously brew 2 espressos Americanos lattes and more with this espresso coffee maker
You can’t go on a hunt for the best espresso machine under $100 without considering this Hamilton Beach espresso maker. This espresso maker’s most notable selling point has to be ease of use. If this is your first time operating an espresso machine, you’ll find the 40715 very easy to use.
Just to give you a short explanation on how to operate this machine, you have three main button controls: an on/off button, an espresso brewing button, and a steam button. All you need to do is press on the button that indicates the task that you’d like the machine to perform. Simple, right?!
If you look at the right-hand side of the unit’s interface, you’ll notice the pressure control knob. It allows you to adjust the steam pressure to your liking. The 40715 also features an LED indicator that visually notifies you when the power is on and when the brewing temperature is right.
This Hamilton Beach espresso machine is compatible with both ground coffee and coffee pods, allowing for ease of use. The 40715 is also equipped with a powerful grinder that has an espresso setting. Keep in mind that pods don’t taste as fresh as if you were to use grounds.
The Hamilton Beach 40715 features a large, 40-ounce water reservoir, so you don’t really have to worry about filling the tank every so often. As far as cleaning, this unit is amongst the easiest to clean, as it features a removable drip tray, frothing nozzle, reservoir, cup rest, and brew head.
- Remarkably easy to use
- Features a steam wand
- Offers dual-cup brewing
- Pods and ground coffee
- Removable components
- Takes a while to heat up
- Has a long recovery time
Bialetti Moka Pot 6801 Review
- The original moka coffee pot: Moka Express is the original stovetop espresso maker, it provides the experience of the real Italian way of preparing a tasteful coffee, its unique shape and the inimitable gentleman with moustache date back to 1933, when Alfonso Bialetti invented it.
- Made in Italy: it is Made in Italy and its quality is enhanced by the patented safety valve which makes it easy to clean and its ergonomic handle, available in many sizes and suitable for gas, electric and induction (with the Bialetti induction adapter plate)
- How to prepare the coffee: fill the boiler up to the safety valve, fill it up with ground coffee without pressing, close the moka pot and place it on the stovetop, as soon as Moka Express starts to gurgle, turn the fire off and coffee will be ready
The Bialetti Express Moka is an Italian-made brewer that can brew two ounces of espresso per cup in a very short time. You might not be a fan of quick-made coffee, but you can rest assured knowing that the Bialetti Express Moka will deliver a cup of dense and flavor-rich coffee.
The Express Moka doesn’t feature a very capacious water tank like the above-mentioned units, but for a unit that costs less than $30, we don’t think a 25-ounce capacity is so bad. In actuality, it’s enough for you not to refill the tank for quite a while, as it can deliver up to 9 cups.
The water reservoir can easily be removed for cleaning purposes. We’re quite fond of this unit’s construction. It’s made out of polished, high-quality aluminum. However, since it’s not made out of stainless steel, you shouldn’t be surprised if it starts to corrode after quite some time.
Brewing coffee with this machine is pretty easy. Just make sure that you put this unit on a small flame rather than a big one if you’re trying to make coffee. It’ll only take about 5 minutes for your coffee to be ready. We recommend using cold water if you’d like it to have a velvety texture.
When using this machine, it’s highly recommended that you use fine coffee grounds rather than coarse grounds in order to make sure that the water passes through the grounds entirely. This is a unit that requires manual tamping, so it might take you a few attempts to get it right.
- An Italian-made product
- Ideal for velvety espresso
- Extremely easy to clean
- A simple, classic operation
- A highly affordable product
- It will corrode over time
- Not the easiest to use
Bella 13683 Review
- PERSONAL ESPRESSO MAKER: This espresso maker features an easy-pour glass decanter, frothing steam wand & detachable permanent filter basket. Brew lattes, americanos, cappuccinos & macchiatos with a simple turn of a knob!
- NO-MESS ESPRESSO: The steam-pressurized safety cap & removable drip tray prevent accidental leaks, & the permanent filter basket is detachable for easy cleaning. An easy-pour decanter with cool touch & drip-free spout ensures safe serving.
- BE YOUR OWN BARISTA: Channel your inner barista. The steam wand quickly warms & froths milk so you can turn plain espresso into a fancier latte or cappuccino, enabling you to make café-quality beverages at home
Picking the right espresso machine isn’t always about getting the largest unit. Sometimes all you really need is an espresso machine that can meet your personal need for caffeine, and the Bella Personal Espresso Maker is exactly that. It offers a ton of value at a very affordable price tag.
The Bella 13683 features its very own permanent filter, meaning that you won’t have to deal with tamping or ground measurements whatsoever. Moreover, the unit comes with a steam wand, so you’ll find it easy to froth milk if you’re into quick cappuccinos and lattes.
It features a steam-pressurized safety cap and a removable drip tray, so you don’t have to worry about unexpected leaks. It’s also worth pointing out that the filter basket is detachable, allowing for ease of cleaning. It also features an easy-pour glass decanter for drip-free serving.
The Bella Personal Espresso Maker is extremely easy to use. With a single turn of a knob, you’ll be able to brew americanos, cappuccinos, lattes, macchiatos, and regular espressos with ease. We’re also very fond of how fast the steam wand is capable of warming and frothing milk.
If you’re looking for a base machine to experiment with and enjoy singular serving, the unit from Bella is an excellent choice. It might not be the most rugged or feature-rich unit on our list, but at a price tag that’s under $50, it doesn’t really fail to impress and it does its job pretty well.
- A highly affordable machine
- Excellent for singular serving
- A steam wand for frothing
- Has a permanent basket filter
- Remarkably easy to clean
- Not the sturdiest of the bunch
- Coarse grounds can get stuck
Picking the Best Espresso Maker Under 100
Let's take a look at all of our affordable espresso machines one more time:
Overall, we have to say the De'Longhi EC155 Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is our favorite. It is the most fully featured one, and is comparable to more expensive models.
The Mr. Coffee Automatic Dual Shot Espresso/Cappuccino System is also a strong contender, especially if you are looking to brew your espresso quickly. It is also fully featured and comparable to more expensive models.
If you are looking for something a little different, then we suggest the Bialetti 6801 Express Moka Pot. This Moka pot makes a wonderful espresso, and is reminiscent of classic Italian espresso brewing. Remember, this only makes espresso and does not have milk frothing capabilities.
Finding a reliable espresso maker at the $100 price range isn’t an easy feat, but we’re confident that one of the above-mentioned espresso machines is going to meet your needs and budget. If you have any questions with regard to today’s topic, feel free to let us know.